|SCHOOL||SOCIAL POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC SCIENCES|
|LEVEL OF STUDIES||LEVEL 6|
|COURSE CODE||48||SEMESTER||5th & 7th|
|COURSE TITLE||Economics of Education|
If the ECTS Credits are distributed in distinct parts of the course e.g. lectures, labs etc. If the ECTS Credits are awarded to the whole course, then please indicate the teaching hours per week and the corresponding ECTS Credits.
|TEACHING HOURS PER WEEK||ECTS CREDITS|
|Please, add lines if necessary.Teaching methods and organization of the course are described in section 4.|
Background, GeneralKnowledge, Scientific Area, Skill Development
|TEACHING & EXAMINATION LANGUAGE:||Greek|
|COURSE OFFERED TO ERASMUSSTUDENTS:||No|
- LEARNING OUTCOMES
|Please describe the learning outcomes of the course: Knowledge, skills and abilities acquired after the successful completion of the course.|
|After successful completion of the course students will be able to:
At the cognitive level:
• be aware of all the work done in a pedagogical field of work
• describe the basic characteristics that a teacher should have
• Know quality tools for observation and reflection of the educational project
At the level of ability:
• design small-scale research work
• reflect on the dimensions of the mentor relationship that they have experienced
• reflect on their experience they had during the internship and the subjective views
they had on the profession of teacher/educator
At the level of skill-development:
• implement research work regards their pedagogical action
• prepare a report on his / her practical training
• reflect on the practical work they have done
|Name the desirable general skills upon successful completion of the module|
|Search, analysis and synthesis of data and information,
Adaptation to new situations
Working in an international environment
Working in an interdisciplinary environment
Production of new research ideas
|Project design and management
Equity and Inclusion
Respect for the natural environment
Demonstration of social, professional and moral responsibility and sensitivity to gender issues
Promoting free, creative and inductive reasoning
|– Autonomous work
– Search, analysis and synthesis of data and information, ICT Use
– Working in an interdisciplinary environment
– Promoting free, creative and inductive reasoning
– Critical thinking
- COURSE CONTENT
|Students choose through a thematic list of basic fields (each containing more) pedagogical issues in which they deepen through a) the systematic observation in the classroom, b) the study of relevant literature, and c) the elaboration of work on the issues chosen.
The main fields are directly related to the dimensions that make up the Pedagogical and Teaching competence of teachers: 1. Educational unit and Professor’s Profession, 2. Education and Training, 3. Communication and Interaction, 4. Teaching, 5. Diagnosis, Counseling and Evaluation.
The ultimate goal for students is to develop competencies, skills and attitudes of a professional teacher in order to be able to analyze and reflect on the teaching requirements, the educational choices and their implementation way, to form diverse teaching and learning environments, to analyze and shape the circumstances of communication, interaction and counseling support, to actively participate in their professional development and in the shaping of the profile of the school unit in which they are being practiced.
- LEARNING & TEACHING METHODS – EVALUATION
Face to face, Distance learning, etc.
|Face to face|
|USE OF INFORMATION & COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
Use of ICT in Teaching, in Laboratory Education, in Communication with students
|For this course, the online e-class platform is used, on which online texts, digital study sources and work environments are put.
Through this online environment, communication with the students is delivered, updates are posted and work assignments are given.
The ways and methods of teaching are described in detail.
Lectures, Seminars, Laboratory Exercise, Field Exercise, Bibliographicresearch& analysis, Tutoring, Internship (Placement), Clinical Exercise, Art Workshop, Interactive learning, Study visits, Study / creation, project, creation, project. Etc.
The supervised and unsupervised workload per activity is indicated here, so that total workload per semester complies to ECTS standards.
Description of the evaluation process
Assessment Language, Assessment Methods, Formative or Concluding, Multiple Choice Test, Short Answer Questions, Essay Development Questions, Problem Solving, Written Assignment, Essay / Report, Oral Exam, Presentation in audience, Laboratory Report,Clinical examination of a patient,Artistic interpretation, Other/Others
Please indicate all relevant information about the course assessment and how students are informed
|The evaluation is based on two axes: a) the active participation of students in the educational process, which is ensured with their involvement in a submitted assignment that is considered as a prerequisite for understanding the content of the course and their participation in the final examinations; and b) their participation in the final written examination.
- SUGGESTED BIBLIOGRAPHY
|• Course notes provided on instructor’s web page
Παπαγεωργίου Π., Χατζηδήμα, Σ. (2003). Εισαγωγή στην Οικονομική των Ανθρωπίνων Πόρων και της Εκπαίδευσης, Εκδόσεις Σταμούλης, Αθήνα.
Ψαχαρόπουλος, Γ. (1999). Οικονομική της Εκπαίδευσης, Εκδόσεις Παπαζήσης, Αθήνα.
Schultz, Th., (1972). Η Οικονομική Αξία της Εκπαιδεύσεως, Εκδόσεις Παπαζήσης, Αθήνα.
ANNEX OF THE COURSE OUTLINE
Alternative ways of examining a course in emergency situations
|Teacher (full name):|
|Evaluation methods: (2)|
|Implementation Instructions: (3)|
- Please write YES or NO
- Note down the evaluation methods used by the teacher, e.g.
- written assignment or/and exercises
- written or oral examination with distance learning methods, provided that the integrity and reliability of the examination are ensured.
- In the Implementation Instructions section, the teacher notes down clear instructions to the students:
- a) in case of written assignment and / or exercises: the deadline (e.g. the last week of the semester), the means of submission, the grading system, the grade percentage of the assignment in the final grade and any other necessary information.
- b) in case of oral examination with distance learning methods: the instructions for conducting the examination (e.g. in groups of X people), the way of administration of the questions to be answered, the distance learning platforms to be used, the technical means for the implementation of the examination (microphone, camera, word processor, internet connection, communication platform), the hyperlinks for the examination, the duration of the exam, the grading system, the percentage of the oral exam in the final grade, the ways in which the inviolability and reliability of the exam are ensuredand any other necessary information.
- c) in case of written examination with distance learning methods: the way of administration of the questions to be answered, the way of submitting the answers, the duration of the exam, the grading system, the percentage of the written exam of the exam in the final grade, the ways in which the integrity and reliability of the exam are ensured and any other necessary information.
There should be an attached list with the Student Registration Numbers only of students eligible to participate in the examination.