|SCHOOL OF SOCIAL, POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC SCIENCES
|LEVEL OF STUDIES
|5th & 7th
|Theoretical and empirical analysis of inequality
If the ECTS Credits are distributed in distinct parts of the course e.g. lectures, labs etc. If the ECTS Credits are awarded to the whole course, then please indicate the teaching hours per week and the corresponding ECTS Credits.
|TEACHING HOURS PER WEEK
|Please, add lines if necessary. Teaching methods and organization of the course are described in section 4.
Background, General Knowledge, Scientific Area, Skill Development
|TEACHING & EXAMINATION LANGUAGE:
|COURSE OFFERED TO ERASMUS STUDENTS:
- LEARNING OUTCOMES
|Please describe the learning outcomes of the course: Knowledge, skills and abilities acquired after the successful completion of the course.
|· Search, analysis and synthesis of data and information
· ICT Use
· Working in an interdisciplinary environment
· Production of new research ideas
· Equity and Inclusion
· Critical thinking
· Promoting free, creative and inductive reasoning
|Name the desirable general skills upon successful completion of the module
|Search, analysis and synthesis of data and information,
Adaptation to new situations
Working in an international environment
Working in an interdisciplinary environment
Production of new research ideas
|Project design and management
Equity and Inclusion
Respect for the natural environment
Demonstration of social, professional and moral responsibility and sensitivity to gender issues
Promoting free, creative and inductive reasoning
|Search, analysis and synthesis of data and information, using the necessary technologies
Exercise criticism and self-criticism
Respect for diversity and multiculturalism
Promoting free, creative and inductive thinking
- COURSE CONTENT
|The course Theoretical and Empirical Analysis of Inequalities aims to introduce students to the scientific dialogue on issues of economic inequality, the risk of poverty and material deprivation. These concepts are crucial for the development of the welfare state, but also for the design and evaluation of policies in the field of social protection. The lectures will discuss problems of conceptual foundation of inequality, poverty and material deprivation and will explore the empirical manifestations of these phenomena at national, European and global level.
- LEARNING & TEACHING METHODS – EVALUATION
Face to face, Distance learning, etc.
|Face to face
|USE OF INFORMATION & COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
Use of ICT in Teaching, in Laboratory Education, in Communication with students
|Databases are used, the classweb for posting teaching materials, announcements and for communicating with students. Pptx is also used in teaching.
The ways and methods of teaching are described in detail.
Lectures, Seminars, Laboratory Exercise, Field Exercise, Bibliographic research & analysis, Tutoring, Internship (Placement), Clinical Exercise, Art Workshop, Interactive learning, Study visits, Study / creation, project, creation, project. Etc.
The supervised and unsupervised workload per activity is indicated here, so that total workload per semester complies to ECTS standards.
Description of the evaluation process
Assessment Language, Assessment Methods, Formative or Concluding, Multiple Choice Test, Short Answer Questions, Essay Development Questions, Problem Solving, Written Assignment, Essay / Report, Oral Exam, Presentation in audience, Laboratory Report, Clinical examination of a patient, Artistic interpretation, Other/Others
Please indicate all relevant information about the course assessment and how students are informed
| The final evaluation takes into account:
1) The elaboration of a study
2) The study presentation
3) The written examination.
Preparation and presentation of works:
The criteria for writing academic texts, essays and presenting academic works apply. The main criteria are the accuracy and clarity of the use of terminology, the clear organization of the content and the appropriate use of the literature to develop the topic of the work. In the presentation it is necessary to use IT
- SUGGESTED BIBLIOGRAPHY
|Sen, A. (1992). Inequality reexamined. New York, Harvard University Press.
Esping-Andersen, G., (2014), Οι τρεις κόσμοι του καπιταλισμού της ευημερίας, Αθήνα: Τόπος
ANNEX OF THE COURSE OUTLINE
Alternative ways of examining a course in emergency situations
|Teacher (full name):
|Evaluation methods: (2)
|Written assignment or/and exercises
|Implementation Instructions: (3)
|During the examination period, grading 0 to 10
- Please write YES or NO
- Note down the evaluation methods used by the teacher, e.g.
- written assignment or/and exercises
- written or oral examination with distance learning methods, provided that the integrity and reliability of the examination are ensured.
- In the Implementation Instructions section, the teacher notes down clear instructions to the students:
- a) in case of written assignment and / or exercises: the deadline (e.g. the last week of the semester), the means of submission, the grading system, the grade percentage of the assignment in the final grade and any other necessary information.
- b) in case of oral examination with distance learning methods: the instructions for conducting the examination (e.g. in groups of X people), the way of administration of the questions to be answered, the distance learning platforms to be used, the technical means for the implementation of the examination (microphone, camera, word processor, internet connection, communication platform), the hyperlinks for the examination, the duration of the exam, the grading system, the percentage of the oral exam in the final grade, the ways in which the inviolability and reliability of the exam are ensured and any other necessary information.
- c) in case of written examination with distance learning methods: the way of administration of the questions to be answered, the way of submitting the answers, the duration of the exam, the grading system, the percentage of the written exam of the exam in the final grade, the ways in which the integrity and reliability of the exam are ensured and any other necessary information.
There should be an attached list with the Student Registration Numbers only of students eligible to participate in the examination.